Customers can do any fire testing of our misting nozzles however a basic set of tests have been suggested for simplicity of demonstrations.
Minimum requirements for Fire Demonstrations for MistNozzle:
- Firefighter with Protective clothing & Breathing protective devices (respirator or BA set)
- Operational Pump set attached to water supply with an ideal flow capacity of +/-200Litres per minute at 15-25 bar.
- Pump capable of maintaining 15-25 bar.
- Depending on fire tests required 300-500Litres of water should be sufficient
- Water tank/Supply should be filtered with standard filtration/ sieve etc. (to ensure as clean water as possible)
- Hose at 19 – 25 mm in diameter and up to 25 bar
- Coupling to fit 3/4 BSPT to attach nozzle to hose (the Mist nozzle is a 3/4 BSPT Female)
- Tools to attach the coupling
- Safe Fire Fighting Area
- Thermal imaging Equipment will be useful to see cooling effect
- Temperature measuring equipment will be useful to see cooling effect
- Safe Method to light the fuels for testing like blow torch, gas burner
Fire Testing (suggested)
Customer can do any fire testing he wishes however a basic set of tests have been suggested for simplicity.
- Car to burn with empty Fuel tank. Set car alight and allow to fully develop. For safety of spectators its suggested to deflate the tyres and remove airbag gas cartridge to prevent bursting (but not essential)
- Pile of wooden pallets or wood. Set alight allow to develop and extinguish
- Pile of car tyres. Set alight and allow to fully develop and extinguish
- Tray +/-1m x 1m with water diesel/small amount petrol mix to light it. Set alight and allow to develop and
extinguish (class B fire)
- Compartment fire. Usually 20 or 40ft shipping container loaded with realistic fuel load of wood etc. Any compartment as usually used by the Fire service for testing and training.